Top 10 reasons to come to EigenU 2017!
Mar 5, 2017
Howdy folks! All of us here at EVRI are getting excited for the 12th annual Eigenvector University, April 23-28 at the Washington Athletic Club in Seattle, WA. We’ve been updating our class list, and adding new examples and modeling techniques to make sure you get the best training in multivariate methods and chemometrics. Here are the top 10 reasons why we think you should be excited too:
- More experienced instructors – Courses at EigenU 2017 will be led by the EVRI staff including Neal B. Gallagher, R. Scott Koch, Robert T. Roginski, and Willem Windig, plus our Associate Rasmus Bro, and of course myself. Together we’ve got over 100 man-years of chemometric experience, and we’re all here to make sure you have a productive, fruitful week at EigenU.
- Wider variety of courses – In addition to our beginning track including PCA and PLS, we offer 11 advanced and specialty courses. This year features encore presentations of Managing Data, Models & Plots in PLS_Toolbox, and Model Deployment with Solo_Predictor & Model_Exporter. Calibration Model Maintenance returns this year with new and updated tools, as does the popular Bring Your Own Data (BYOD) Workshop where you work with your own data while you learn hands-on with EVRI’s team of instructors.
- Method-centric instruction – At EigenU we provide the background required to truly understand chemometric methods; we don’t just show you what buttons to push. Our goal is to make the literature in the field accessible to our graduates. Deeper understanding of the methods leads to better analysis!
- Spend a week in beautiful Seattle, WA – With Puget Sound and the Olympics to the West and Lake Washington and the Cascades to the East, the Emerald City is distractingly scenic. Plus, with attractions like the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, Seattle Art Museum, Seattle Mariners, and the largest ferry system in the US, there’s plenty to see and explore while not in class.
- The Washington Athletic Club – EigenU is held at the WAC, the nation’s premier city athletic club. The historic 21-story facility includes 5 floors of fitness facilities, 10 floors of Euro-styled techno-centric sleeping rooms, full service spa, and 3 restaurants.
- The food – From the continental breakfast, including the WAC’s signature sticky buns, the gourmet plated lunches, to afternoon snack bars, our guests always rave about the food.
- Networking – EigenU attendance is typically about 40 scientists and engineers with a range of chemometric expertise and wide variety of interests. This means you’ll have plenty of opportunity to find colleagues with common problems and complementary solutions.
- Evening events – EigenU provides ample opportunity to continue your chemometric learning and networking into the evening. This includes Tuesday’s PLS_Toolbox/Solo User Poster Session, Wednesday’s PowerUser Tips & Tricks Session, and Thursday’s Workshop Dinner, which is one more opportunity to enjoy the WAC’s fabulous food. The best two posters on Tuesday evening’s User Session will win a pair of Bose wireless headphones or wireless speakers!
- Flexible, multi-platform software – With PLS_Toolbox and MIA_Toolbox EVRI offers the most comprehensive set of chemometric tools available plus the flexibility of MATLAB. Our stand-alone packages Solo and Solo+MIA offer all the point and click tools of their MATLAB-based siblings. Plus they’re all available for Windows, Linux and MacOS. On-line tools Solo_Predictor and Model_Exporter provide a plethora of options for automating model application.
- Costs less – In spite of all its advantages, EigenU actually costs less than similar courses from our competitors, making it a reasonable and affordable option for everyone interested in honing their chemometric and advanced data analysis skills!
So it probably isn’t surprising that EigenU attendees are more than satisfied. Here’s what a couple of them had to say:
“EigenU is a wonderful, positive and informative place to learn about chemometrics methods that I feel confident applying to not only my research, but suggesting to collaborators as well.” -Brooke Reaser, University of Washington PhD Candidate.
“What you are offering here is unmatched.” – David A. Russell, Dupont.
Spots are already filling quickly so register today to reserve your place at EigenU 2017! Early registration ends March 23.
See you in April!