EVRI offers chemometrics short courses that range from basic courses for beginners to advanced specialty topics. We offer courses at a wide variety of venues and we can deliver them to your site. Our current course calendar is shown below.
Typical Course Participants
Our courses are attended by chemists and engineers who want to be able to analyze their own laboratory or process data, or develop their own data models. This includes:
- Laboratory scientists with a need for exploratory data analysis.
- Process analytical chemists who must develop predictive models such as spectroscopic instrument calibrations.
- Control engineers who need software sensor models or time series models.
- Process engineers with an interest in multivariate statistical process control (MSPC).
- Laboratory managers who must understand the results generated by members of their groups.
Each spring we host a six-day series of courses in Seattle, Washington. It is so comprehensive that we call it Eigenvector University. EigenU includes more than 17 short courses, plus a PLS_Toolbox/Solo User poster and Tips & Tricks session, and a dinner event. The last EigenU was May 5-10, 2019. The next one will be in early May, 2020. Get complete information about EigenU here!
Short Course Topics
We teach a wide variety of courses, from introductory to specific sub-topics. Our most popular courses include:
- Process Chemometrics
- Chemometrics without Equations (or Hardly Any)
- Multivariate Image Analysis
- Applied Multi-way Analysis
- Instrument Standardization and Calibration Transfer
- Implementing Chemometrics in PAT
- Multivariate Statistical Process Control (MSPC)
- Advanced Preprocessing
- Multivariate Curve Resolution
- Common Mistakes in Chemometrics (and how not to make them)
EVRI presents short courses at conferences and seminars throughout the year. Examples include EAS, SCIX, Pittcon, APACT, EuroPACT, IFPAC, SIMS, SSC, CAC and AVS. We’ve also taught at IUCRCs (Industry/University Cooperative Research Consortiums) such as CPAC, CPACT and MCEC. Here is our current calendar of open courses:
October 7, 2019 - October 11, 2019
Eigenvector University Europe
Courtyard by Marriott, Montpellier France
October 13, 2019 - October 18, 2019
Palm Springs Convention Center, Palm Springs California
October 20, 2019 - October 25, 2019
Miyako Messe, Kyoto
November 4, 2019 - November 6, 2019
Basic Chemometrics PLUS in Houston
Marriott Houston South at Hobby Airport, Houston Texas
November 17, 2019 - November 18, 2019
Crowne Plaza, Plainsboro New Jersey
February 17, 2020 - February 19, 2020
Basic Chemometrics Plus TOKYO
Marriott Courtyard Tokyo, Ginza, JAPAN, Tokyo 104-0061
April 26, 2020 - May 1, 2020
Eigenvector University 2020
Washington Athletic Club, Seattle Washington
- Linear Algebra for Chemometricians
- MATLAB for Chemometricians
- Chemometrics I: Principal Components Analysis (PCA)
- Chemometrics II: Regression and Partial Least Squares (PLS)
Courses include video lectures, software how-to examples with additional data sets, and course lecture slides. Courses can be purchased separate or together with a discount. To order, log in to your Eigenvector account, or create one. For complete information, visit the EigenU Online page. Additional courses coming soon!
Training at Your Site
On-site training is typically a three-day hands-on course using your computer training facilities. EVRI will work with you to develop short courses that suit your needs and interests. Course material can be selected from our growing library, with over 20 short course modules to choose from, or developed specifically for your applications.This is an economically attractive alternative to off-site training for class sizes as small as five participants.
Our on-site clients include US FDA, Boeing, Union Carbide, Dupont, Eastman Chemical, Eastman Kodak, Chevron, ExxonMobil, Southwest Research Institute, Dow, Sawtek, Texas Instruments, Proctor and Gamble, Motorola, ICI, Aspen Technologies, Phillips Petroleum, Conoco, Leybold Inficon, 3M, Genentech, USP, Pfizer and many others.