EigenU Recorded Courses
Chemometrics Training at Your Convenience!
Our popular Eigenvector University, aka EigenU, is a great place to learn chemometric methods. But sometimes you need chemometric training on your schedule and at your site. Enter EigenU Recorded Courses. We’ve taken some of our most popular courses from EigenU and made them available to you at your location and at your convenience.
How It Works
Once purchased, courses will either appear in your Eigenvector account under the EigenU Online tab, or you will receive links to the courses on Vimeo along with supplementary materials. Each course includes many hands-on demonstrations using PLS_Toolbox and Solo. Course attendees can follow the demonstrations with data sets provided. Videos can be stopped and restarted, rewound, etc. so you can go at the pace you want.
What You’ll Get Out of It
Upon completion of each course, students will know the common uses and limitations of the methods covered in the course have the skills and familiarity with the Eigenvector software (PLS_Toolbox or Solo) necessary to perform the analyses covered understand the theoretical and mathematical aspects of the methods be able to follow the literature in the field on related methods.
EigenU Online courses are taught by the same instructors that bring you Eigenvector University every year. Our instructors have delivered chemometrics training to thousands of students both at industrial sites and at conferences including FACSS, EAS and SIMS, and at research consortiums like CPAC and CPACT. Beyond knowing the material, they understand the difficulties new students have with the concepts. The EigenU Online courses take advantage of that experience by anticipating and addressing common questions.
Currently Available Courses
Courses currently available are listed below. Click on the course title to get detailed course content information. All courses include a set of course slides in PDF format plus additional data sets and supplementary materials as required.
- Linear Algebra for Chemometricians
- includes 14 lectures, total running time 4 hours 12 minutes
- MATLAB for Chemometricians
- 3 lectures, 3 hours 7 minutes
- Chemometrics I: Principal Components Analysis (PCA)
- 6 lectures, 6 hours 24 minutes
- Chemometrics II: Regression and Partial Least Squares (PLS)
- 6 lectures, 6 hours 10 minutes
- Advanced Spectral Preprocessing
- 7 lectures, 7 hours 3 minutes
- Clustering and Classification
- 3 lectures, 3 hours 20 minutes
- Machine Learning for Calibration and Classification
- 9 lectures, 7 hours 47 minutes
- Hyperspectral Image Analysis
- 11 lectures, 7 hours 44 minutes
- Variable Selection
- 4 lectures, 3 hours 11 minutes
- Common Chemometrics Mistakes (and how not to make them)
- 4 lectures, 3 hours 11 minutes
- Applied Multi-way Analysis
- 8 lectures, 6 hours 15 minutes
All courses include convenient access to help via a web link to the course instructors. Additional courses coming soon!
How to Purchase
Courses can be purchased through your Eigenvector account. Simply login to your exisiting account, or create a new one. EigenU Recorded Courses are listed under the Purchase tab. Once purchased, courses appear under the EigenU Online tab.
Pricing for Recorded Courses
|Course Duration||Academic Pricing||Regular Pricing|
|Half Day, 3-4 hours||$85||$225|
|Full day, 6-7 hours||$125||$395|
Restrictions and Conditions
EigenU Recorded Courses are licensed to individual users and are for use of the registered user only. Unauthorized sharing of course content (videos, notes, data sets, etc.) is strictly prohibitied. Courses remain accessible for one year after initial viewing. See complete terms and conditions.