EVRI-thing You Need to Know About Developing Classification Solutions
June 3, 2021
From verifying raw materials to determining the type of bacteria responsible for an infection, classification problems are common in the chemical and biological sciences. Many methods have been developed to classify samples based on a multivariate response and Eigenvector’s MATLAB based PLS_Toolbox and stand-alone Solo support many of the most effective methods. In this webinar we’ll give an overview of classification methods and show how to set up, optimize and evaluate solutions. This webinar will cover:
- Setting up classes in the Dataset Object
- Overview of classification methods in PLS_Toolbox/Solo
- k-Nearest Neighbor kNN
- Partial Least Squares Discriminant Analysis PLS-DA
- Support Vector Machines for Classification SVM-DA
- Artificial Neural Networks ANNs
- Logistic Regression LREG-DA
- Boosted Regression and Classification Trees XGBoost
- Specifying and combining classes
- Interpreting results
- Surveying preprocessing
- Setting compression and other meta-parameters
- Hierarchical Models
We will include live demos with PLS_Toolbox/Solo so you can see exactly how to set up and execute classification schemes.
Register for “EVRI-thing You Need to Know About Developing Classification Solutions” through your existing Eigenvector account, or create one. The webinar is free, but you must register to attend. Find the webinar near the bottom of the page under the “Purchase” tab.
A question and answer session will follow the webinar. Don’t miss your chance to quiz the Eigen-Guys about how to solve your classification problems!
Reserve your seat today. The webinar will be live on Thursday, June 3, at 7:00am PDT, (that’s 16:00 CEST). We will send you a WebEx invitation the day before the webinar. We hope you can attend live, but if you sign up and can’t make it, we’ll send you a link to view the recording the day after the webinar.