EVRI offers chemometrics short courses that range from basic courses for beginners to advanced specialty topics. We offer courses at a wide variety of venues and we can deliver them to your site. Our current course calendar is shown below.
Typical Course Participants
Our courses are attended by chemists and engineers who want to be able to analyze their own laboratory or process data, or develop their own data models. This includes:
- Laboratory scientists with a need for exploratory data analysis.
- Process analytical chemists who must develop predictive models such as spectroscopic instrument calibrations.
- Control engineers who need software sensor models or time series models.
- Process engineers with an interest in multivariate statistical process control (MSPC).
- Laboratory managers who must understand the results generated by members of their groups.
Each spring we host a six-day series of courses in Seattle, Washington. It is so comprehensive that we call it Eigenvector University. EigenU includes more than 17 short courses, plus a PLS_Toolbox/Solo User poster and Tips & Tricks session, and a dinner event. The last EigenU was May 5-10, 2019. The next one will be in early May, 2020. Get complete information about EigenU here!
Short Course Topics
We teach a wide variety of courses, from introductory to specific sub-topics. Our most popular courses include:
- Process Chemometrics
- Chemometrics without Equations (or Hardly Any)
- Multivariate Image Analysis
- Applied Multi-way Analysis
- Instrument Standardization and Calibration Transfer
- Implementing Chemometrics in PAT
- Multivariate Statistical Process Control (MSPC)
- Advanced Preprocessing
- Multivariate Curve Resolution
- Common Mistakes in Chemometrics (and how not to make them)
EVRI presents short courses at conferences and seminars throughout the year. Examples include EAS, SCIX, Pittcon, APACT, EuroPACT, IFPAC, SIMS, SSC, CAC and AVS. We’ve also taught at IUCRCs (Industry/University Cooperative Research Consortiums) such as CPAC, CPACT and MCEC. Here is our current calendar of open courses:
- June 2, 2020 EVRI-thing You Need to Know About How to Build and Deploy Instrument Standardization Models
- June 10, 2020 - June 11, 2020 Advanced Spectral Preprocessing
- June 16, 2020 EVRI-thing You Need to Know About How to do Curve Resolution in PLS_Toolbox and Solo
- June 23, 2020 - June 25, 2020 Chemometrics without Equations (or Hardly Any)
August 16, 2020 - August 21, 2020
Eigenvector University 2020
Washington Athletic Club, Seattle Washington
October 5, 2020 - October 9, 2020
Eigenvector University Europe
Courtyard by Marriott, Montpellier France
- Linear Algebra for Chemometricians
- MATLAB for Chemometricians
- Chemometrics I: Principal Components Analysis (PCA)
- Chemometrics II: Regression and Partial Least Squares (PLS)
Courses include video lectures, software how-to examples with additional data sets, and course lecture slides. Courses can be purchased separate or together with a discount. To order, log in to your Eigenvector account, or create one. For complete information, visit the EigenU Online page. Additional courses coming soon!
Training at Your Site
On-site training is typically a three-day hands-on course using your computer training facilities. EVRI will work with you to develop short courses that suit your needs and interests. Course material can be selected from our growing library, with over 20 short course modules to choose from, or developed specifically for your applications.This is an economically attractive alternative to off-site training for class sizes as small as five participants.
Our on-site clients include US FDA, Boeing, Union Carbide, Dupont, Eastman Chemical, Eastman Kodak, Chevron, ExxonMobil, Southwest Research Institute, Dow, Sawtek, Texas Instruments, Proctor and Gamble, Motorola, ICI, Aspen Technologies, Phillips Petroleum, Conoco, Leybold Inficon, 3M, Genentech, USP, Pfizer and many others.