EVRI offers chemometrics short courses that range from basic courses for beginners to advanced specialty topics. We offer courses at a wide variety of venues and we can deliver them to your site. Our current course calendar is shown below.
|Eigenvector University 2023||May 7-12, 2023||Seattle, USA|
|Eigenvector University Europe 2023||October 2-5, 2023||Copenhagen, DENMARK|
Typical Course Participants
Our courses are attended by chemists and engineers who want to be able to analyze their own laboratory or process data, or develop their own data models. This includes:
- Laboratory scientists with a need for exploratory data analysis.
- Process analytical chemists who must develop predictive models such as spectroscopic instrument calibrations.
- Control engineers who need software sensor models or time series models.
- Process engineers with an interest in multivariate statistical process control (MSPC).
- Laboratory managers who must understand the results generated by members of their groups.
Each spring we host a six-day series of courses in Seattle, Washington. It is so comprehensive that we call it Eigenvector University. EigenU includes more than 17 short courses, plus a PLS_Toolbox/Solo User poster and Tips & Tricks session, and a dinner event. The last EigenU was May 5-10, 2019. The next live one will be in early May, 2021. Get complete information about EigenU here!
Short Course Topics
We teach a wide variety of courses, from introductory to specific sub-topics. Our most popular courses include:
- Process Chemometrics
- Chemometrics without Equations (or Hardly Any)
- Multivariate Image Analysis
- Applied Multi-way Analysis
- Instrument Standardization and Calibration Transfer
- Implementing Chemometrics in PAT
- Multivariate Statistical Process Control (MSPC)
- Advanced Preprocessing
- Multivariate Curve Resolution
- Common Mistakes in Chemometrics (and how not to make them)
See a more complete list of courses on our course topics page.
EVRI presents short courses at conferences and seminars throughout the year. Examples include EAS, SCIX, Pittcon, APACT, EuroPACT, IFPAC, SIMS, SSC, CAC and AVS. We’ve also taught at IUCRCs (Industry/University Cooperative Research Consortiums) such as CPAC, CPACT and MCEC. Here is our current calendar of open courses:
- August 8, 2023 - August 10, 2023 Machine Learning Summer School
September 11, 2023 - September 13, 2023
Basic Chemometrics PLUS in Research Triangle Park
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, Durham NC
- October 2, 2023 - October 5, 2023 Eigenvector University Europe 2023
November 12, 2023
Non-Linear Machine Learning for Calibration and Classification
Crowne Plaza Princeton Conference Center, Plainsboro NJ
Due to popular demand, we are now offering our three-day Basic Chemometrics Short Course at EigenU Online. This includes the following courses from Eigenvector University:
- Linear Algebra for Chemometricians
- MATLAB for Chemometricians
- Chemometrics I: Principal Components Analysis (PCA)
- Chemometrics II: Regression and Partial Least Squares (PLS)
Courses include video lectures, software how-to examples with additional data sets, and course lecture slides. Courses can be purchased separate or together with a discount. To order, log in to your Eigenvector account, or create one. For complete information, visit the EigenU Online page. Additional courses coming soon!
Training at Your Site
On-site training is typically a three-day hands-on course using your computer training facilities. EVRI will work with you to develop short courses that suit your needs and interests. Course material can be selected from our growing library, with over 20 short course modules to choose from, or developed specifically for your applications.This is an economically attractive alternative to off-site training for class sizes as small as five participants.
Our on-site clients include US FDA, Boeing, Union Carbide, Dupont, Eastman Chemical, Eastman Kodak, Chevron, ExxonMobil, Southwest Research Institute, Dow, Sawtek, Texas Instruments, Proctor and Gamble, Motorola, ICI, Aspen Technologies, Phillips Petroleum, Conoco, Leybold Inficon, 3M, Genentech, USP, Pfizer and many others.