MATLAB User Area
This area is dedicated to scientists, engineers and others who use the power of MATLAB to solve data analysis problems every day. In order to help you out, we provide this area where MATLAB users can exchange their code. The functions included here can be easily downloaded and you can start using them in minutes. Here we've posted user contributed functions along with some of our own work. You can also obtain free evaluation/demonstration licenses for our commercial software. See our software page for more information on these packages.
A note about support: These functions are supplied as-is and there is no guarantee that they will operate for your given application. We cannot provide support on these functions. A good number of these functions are now included in PLS_Toolbox and/or our other commercial products and we do offer full support for those products (including the free demo versions of that software.) If you experience problems or need assistance, we suggest you request a demo license.
Functions in the MATLAB User Area:
Click on a title below to get more information about the function and to download it.
- Orthogonal Signal Correction
- Correlation Matrix Pseudocolor Map with Variable Grouping
- Multiple Linear Regression with Fit and Cross-Validation Statistics
- GUI based Function for Zooming in on Plots
- GUI based Spectra Editor (PLS_Toolbox Users Only)
- Variance Captured by Variable for PCA Models
- Scaling Functions for use with Missing Data (PLS_Toolbox Users Only)
- Normalization of Samples to Unit Vectors
- Instrument Standardization for Non-Square Systems (PLS_Toolbox Users Only)
- Analytical Figures of Merit (PLS_Toolbox Users Only)
- Regression Model Conversion to y = Ax + b form
Documents in MATLAB User Area:
Some general documentation MATLAB users might find useful.
- B.M. Wise, "Introduction to Standardization and Calibration Transfer," Shedding New Light on Disease: Optical Diaganostics for a New Millenium, Winnipeg, CA, June 2000.
- B.M. Wise, N.B. Gallagher and E.B. Martin, "PARAFAC2 Part. III, Application to Fault Detection and Diagnosis in Semiconductor Etch," submitted to Journal of Chemometrics, February, 2000.
- B.M. Wise and N.B. Gallagher, "Introduction to Linear Algebra", Critcal Reviews in Analytical Chemistry, 1998.
- B.M. Wise, N.B. Gallagher, S.W. Butler, D. White and G.G. Barna, "Development and Benchmarking of Multivariate Statistical Process Control Tools for a Semiconductor Etch Process: Impact of Measurement Selection and Data Treatment on Sensitivity", IFAC SAFEPROCESS'97, Hull, U.K., August 1997.
- N.B. Gallagher, B.M. Wise, S.W. Butler, D. White and G.G. Barna, "Development and Benchmarking of Multivariate Statistical Process Control Tools for a Semiconductor Etch Process: Improving Robustness Through Model Updating", IFAC ADCHEM'97, Banff, Canada, June 1997.
Would you like to contribute your code?
If you would like to contribute code to this area, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contributors, please be sure to include information about what your codes does, what version of MATLAB it runs under and what other toolboxes are required, if any. Of course, we would be especially pleased to receive PLS_Toolbox compatible functions! If you'd like a Username and Password for accessing the PLS_Toolbox user functions, see our download page.